This is where you register to volunteer at our upcoming sale if you are NOT CONSIGNING. If you are a consigning, please choose your volunteer shift in Consignors Corner. Need more Volunteer Info? Please check out Volunteer Info before registering.
TYPES OF VOLUNTEER SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Please note: All volunteers MUST arrive 15 minutes prior to your shift beginning please. This will give you time to sign-in and participate in a quick volunteer orientation :)
- SALE SET-UP: This shift involves unloading the truck and setting up fixtures/tables. This shift is a workout! Mom's are encouraged to send their hubbies to do some heavy lifting.
- CONSIGNOR DROP-OFF: Sneak peeks of all the amazing deals coming through the doors inspecting consignor merchandise to ensure quality
- DURING THE SALE: Walking the sales floor assisting customers, placing unsold merchandise back where it belongs, helping customers carry out their merchandise.
- FRONT CHECK-OUTS: Works with assigned cashier bagging customer purchases.
- SALE TAKE-DOWN: Pack up all racks, fixtures, tables, signage, etc and loads into the truck. Sort all unsold merchandise back into consignor bins. Double checks all consignor bins to ensure security.
Please note that children are not allowed during the sale set-up or take-down shifts. We made this decision because safety always comes first with OGOP and these two shifts are too hectic for little ones.
SOCIAL BUTTERFLY OPTION
We understand that not everyone enjoys working with the public and that some people will not be available to volunteer during the time frame that a sale takes place. Our Social Butterfly Volunteer Option counts as one (1) three (3) hour volunteer shift. We limit the number of volunteers for our Social Butterfly option.
- COMMUNITY SOCIAL BUTTERFLY OPTION: Social Butterflies spread the word by placing posters and signs within the community. There are only a few of these shifts available at each event. Place 20 posters/signs at approved sites: arenas, community centres, local grocery store bulletin boards, intersections, etc. Remove those signs and return to us after the event.
- ONLINE SOCIAL BUTTERFLY OPTION: This option starts 6 to 8 weeks prior to an event. Weekly you would post a link to OGOP's fan page to all your friends on Facebook and on 15 "Mom" Facebook groups. Groups must be submitted to to us for approval prior to posting. Only people with social media experience should apply. Please contact us to inquire about which SB shifts are available :)
- POSTERS/SIGNS: LET'S MAKE A DEAL: Got Media Contacts? Have any ideas? We want to hear them and connecting us with a reporter qualifies as a volunteer shift! Do you have a special talent or skill and feel that your background could help us? We are open to any suggestions and ideas. Our goal is to partner with businesses and people within our community creating win/win/win situations. If your interest is piqued then we definitely want to hear from you!
Once registered, you will be emailed available shifts 2-3 weeks prior to an event. Once you receive the email. you will confirm which shift(s) you'd like to volunteer for.